Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fan Dancing

I have this feeling that if I cough or sneeze just one time too many, my ribs will spring open like two giant, bony fans.

They gave me a heart shaped pillow at the hospital, roughly the size of my torso, to "hug tightly" every time I have to cough or sneeze.  I am also supposed to wear it between the seat belt and my body when I get in a car.

I used to sing. My voice has been classically trained, is a natural dramatic contralto, and I can sing in all registers.  Now I can't take a deep enough breath to give a decent cough.  If I tried to sing now I'd sound like Johnny Cash singing Nirvana on his last album right before he died.  How sexy.  There was a time when my voice could fill a packed house without a mic.  Those days are over.  Maybe I'll look into Fan Dancing if my ribs cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment