Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Communist Banana Pudding & Milk Ranting

Sugar-free, fat-free, generic pudding + generic skim milk + a couple freckled bananas + lame ass vanilla wafers = Communist banana pudding.

It's so tasteless and shitty, I insist it be called "Communist banana pudding." If I could have put just one more brandless item in it, I swear it would be demanding on its own to be wearing a uniform, and commence to doing marching drills on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. 

Trust me, it's a long way away from that wonderful comfort food that most people love, but apparently its the best I can have.  I blame it all on skim milk.  ::gag::

By the way, isn't all milk generic unless you buy it directly from the dairy who processed it?  (This is easiest to understand if you've spent any time around dairy farms or seen the way milk is processed and shipped.)

I hate skim milk.  HATE IT.  I can only just barely stand it if it's mixed into something to disguise it.  I grew up on Guernsey milk, the best tasting milk on the planet, incidentally.  All milk is not created equal.  Jersey milk is a close second, but nothing beats the rich, golden taste of a cold glass of Guernsey milk. 

I have had milk dipped out of a bucket, still warm from the cow. I've had non-homogenized milk that had to be shaken up before drinking, because the thick, yellow cream would be floating on the top of the bottle.  I have had unpasteurized milk, because at the time and place, that's all that was available.  Believe me when I say I know milk, dammit, and skim milk is NOT "milk."  The only similarities are it once came out of a cow, the shape of the bottle/jug is the same, and that it is vaguely white,  (yes, it's true, skim milk is NOT white in color).

I suppose it's something I'll never grow to tolerate.  I would simply rather do without milk at all, than be forced to drink nasty, yucky skim milk.  Don't get me started on the abomination they call "fat free cheese."

No comments:

Post a Comment