Friday, November 4, 2011

HOLY CRAP NOT WHAT I EXPECTED!

Today I felt pretty good.  Like an almost normal kind of good.  Despite the ass knob pain thing, or maybe even because of it. 

This was probably the best day I've had in a long time.  My mood is good, for starters - but the really good thing is the ONLY thing that actually hurts is my ass/hip. 

My chest is pain free, unless I cough or sneeze.  My right leg has a sensation not unlike wearing a tourniquet directly under the knee. This is the vein donation site, and also the site of nerve damage/nerve pain. It felt like it was on fire most of the time, with every bend of the knee - that's gone.  I just have the tourniquet squeezy-thing feeling, and I am guessing that is due to the swelling.  Left ribs are uncomfortable, but I did fall on them, so I expected it, but it's not that bad.  The back of my left arm apparently also took a big hit of which I wasn't even aware, since it is covered with a big purple bruise.

The brain does funny things with pain.  That's why TENS units work. (Look up TENS unit, if you don't know what it is.)  I sincerely hope my pain free portions remain that way and don't return as soon as my ass knob begins to heal.  Don't get me wrong, the ass knob pain is tremendous - like on a scale of 1-10 it's a 12, I'm having problems walking of course (and sitting and lying down), but my *other assorted screamy pains* are gone for now.

If nothing else at least it has given me a much needed break from intense pain.  I finally was able to sleep for a couple hours early this morning.  I expect to sleep tonight - I am exhausted from not sleeping, and know I'd feel even better if I could get a full night or 5 of uninterrupted sleep. 

This was not at all what I expected.  I got a benefit from an injury!  How often does that happen, if at all?  WOOHOO for a damned change!! 

Normally a hip injury makes the downhill slide that much steeper and faster. People die from broken hips - it's not all that uncommon. At the very least it is a crippling, often disabling injury, and the older someone is, the worse it can be. Probably the only reason I get off easy is I'm not that old yet.  I DO have to be more careful.  Gonna get some grab bars for the tub, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment