Sunday, September 25, 2011

Turtles Flee Harrah's for Better Pickin's

Very few turtles were at Harrah's gangplank today. I took my camera, which has lately turned into a lame piece of shit.  Although probably at least 100 pics were *taken* only about 15 are on the drive, and out of those 15 maybe one or two is worthy of salvaging.  I'm pissed. I need a new camera.

Anyway, I must have gotten the Harrah visit dates mixed up.  I need to get there earlier in the year in order to see the hundreds and hundreds of turtles - when its still really hot outside - like July or the first part of August.  Apparently the turtles are already starting their hibernating for the year.  Bah.  Turtle trip = FAIL.

I did get a plate full of grilled oysters - a dozen or so from Paula Deen which were relatively yummy.  I tried to contain myself with the rest of the buffet since I know it's loaded with butter and other evil things. Dammit.  I actually choked down a plain boiled potato with my oysters. Yuck.

I am never again supposed to eat raw oysters due to health reasons. I am also not supposed to consume sushi, however last night I actually had an entire spicy tuna roll from Benihana with no ill effects.  I did eat about a teaspoon or so of wasabi on each slice - supposedly the wasabi kills the bad stuff in the sushi.  I always ask for extra wasabi.  They bring me a golfball sized lump on its own little plate with my order.  "Oh look, it's that wasabi woman again...I wonder what she wants this time?"
 
I am so looking forward to my next exotic disease/strange sushi parasite due to my hazardous lifestyle. Yes I am a sushi eater. Dammit, I can't help myself. At least spicy tuna rolls are fat free...mostly...what fat there is is in the tuna, and it's the good kind of fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment