Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bidness and a Coot

The *Southern Bidness* I was complaining about a couple of weeks ago has finally been taken care of for the time being.  It was almost worth the 4 hour round trip "drive of horror" from which I now have to recover.  My legs are swollen into things that kind of look like rhinoceros legs and/or umbrella stands.

 I tried to pull over around every 30 minutes and get out of the car to walk around a bit - I was warned to do that by the heart doc, in case I had to take any longish drives, to try to help prevent clots.  I don't think I'll ever attempt to fly again unless it's first class, or right on the wing where the extra leg room is.  I doubt I could afford to fly first class so it looks like I am doomed to Chinese Fire drills every 30 minutes or so.

If I am needed somewhere in the country and they can't wait for my slow ass to drive there, they'll just have to do without me, dammit.  Or maybe the train if I could get a sleeper.  That might be fun, but the train is notoriously slow - it takes even longer than driving.

I met the most charming old coot today.  He was like the grandpa you always wanted and kind of resembled a human-sized lawn gnome, minus the stupid hat.  He was adorable, in a coot-like way, and and we had quite a conversation.

I finally make it home, after all damned day to find that SOMEONE (Tater) has *skizzled* the living room rug.   ::shudder::    Like I needed to scrub the damned rug after an all day torture session with business types.  Dammit.  Tater is now locked in the sick room.  I have demolished two entire cans of spot shot and ruined a bunch of bar towels.  Frikkin dog.  This will require the rug doctor.  Ugh.  Rice and chicken for the big old doofus...and I'm considering muzzling her when she goes out in the back yard to stop her from eating whatever the hell she's eating.  Nasty.  Ugh.  Phooey. Rug scrubbing hurt me - will probably be extra sore tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment