Thursday, October 20, 2011

I AM THE BOSS OF YOU

For various reasons, my medical case is being reviewed by Best Doctors, Inc., based out of Boston.  In order to do this, they must collect my medical records from every doctor, clinic or hospital I've visited over the past several years.  The staff of these offices are of course uncooperative to begin with, seeing that it's extra work, but generally go ahead and send whatever they are bidden. A good review from Best Doctors is actually a big deal for them, as results are published country-wide.  All except for one, Dr. No-Fly List, and his neurology staff.

This started yesterday afternoon when the RN who is overseeing my case called me and said she could get absolutely nowhere from Dr. No-Fly List's staff.  They insisted they had no films of any MRIs I had there, that I had never had an MRI there, and I should call the hospital where I had had the MRI and jump on them. 

As it happens I had two sets of MRIs done at their office. Yes, Dr. No-Fly List has his very own MRI machine!  I tell the nurse, "Don't worry about it, I'll get it for you, and call you if I can't...but trust me, I'm like a bulldog when it comes to stuff like this."  "OOO I knew you would be!  Isn't it funny how you can tell about peoples' personalities just by talking to them a few times on the phone?"

After spending at least an hour on the phone talking to several neurology personnel, and being on hold for at least 45 of those minutes, I say to myself, "This is such bullshit," hang up the phone, get in my car and drive down to their office. 

"OMG Miss Lee, what are you doing here?"  "You know why I'm here.  I'll be staying here until I have a CD in my hand containing all my information.  Do you understand?"  "Yes, Ma'am."  "That includes the films or CD images of the MRIs, the reports, and any other pertinent information related to my case.  Do you understand?"  "Yes, Ma'am."  I had a CD in my hot little paw within 10 minutes.  Ahh Good times.  I wasn't even wearing leather.  I was in a zombie tee shirt fer cryinoutloud!  Meh.  When you have *it* I guess it doesn't matter what you're wearing, but sometimes it DOES help.

I really wish I could sit in a chair for 10 hours a day, since it's apparent they need an office manager and I would be SO perfect for the job.  *eyeroll*

2 comments:

  1. (simply grins) I never had a doubt how that one would turn out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its in the name... us Lees kick ass by just spelling foot!!!!

    ReplyDelete