Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Demand Non-Smelly

This cold is kicking my ass despite the huge handful of prednisone I'm taking every morning.  This weekend I did manage to get a lot done, however...in the manner of do something for 5 minutes, then sit down, get up in awhile and do something for 5 more minutes.  I did this while "The Walking Dead" marathon was on. 

The great room, at least, no longer looks like a crazy person lives here.  It is now relatively hairless. The counter tops and desk are clutter-free. All the dog related stuff is now in its own milk crate that lives on top of Rue's cage. 

I still have a shit-ton of mail to go through - which is now in a cardboard moving carton. If you'll remember I stopped opening bills when I got to the $125k mark.  Too much stress.  It is STILL too much stress, but I probably shouldn't just leave an entire cardboard carton of mail lay on my kitchen table.

I still have the mantle to tackle, which the tv is over....it's one of those big-ass corner fireplaces, so it has all the tv related crap on it, plus its own computer, so I can use the tv as a monitor and play blu-rays. There are books and tools and  a keyboard, the stupid dvr thing, more books, and a lot of tiny little shit that I didnt want to get lost, so was put there in the hope of not getting lost, EVERY piece of which is a friggin dust magnet.

I bought a new box of swiffer duster refills. They now contain fabreeze.  Why is it everything we buy these days has to be smelly?  It annoys me. What if I don't want smelly?  Why can't I just buy a plain non-smelly dustrag, fer cryinoutloud?

1 comment:

  1. It is kinda scary what these marketers think smells good, YUCK!

    ReplyDelete