Thursday, August 18, 2011

Macy's & Dillard's Here I Come!

I haven't been shopping in quite awhile.  Although I adore shopping, it just isn't feasible for me.  Even less feasible for me is trying on potential purchases.  It just takes too much  energy - one of my precious little commodities.  

If I really really need something, like a dress for a function, I  will order something out of a catalog, sometimes several somethings out of a catalog, and in a couple different sizes if I am unsure of fit, then return the rejects.  It usually works out, but man oh man it sure is a pain in my ass. Not to mention I have to pay for shipping both ways and sometimes a restocking fee.  And drag queens thought they had it bad.  I'm here to tell you, RuPaul has one of the best jobs on the planet.  Hrmph.

The thought just occurred to me over the last couple of days that I own a ROLLATOR!  Ok, a Rollator might not be he sexiest piece of equipment ever invented, but for shopping in a clothing store, it's practically a godsend.  It has 4 wheels, handbrakes, a seat if you get tired and need to sit down, it has a compartment under the seat to store your purse and keys.  For old or infirm people, it's the best invention since sliced pimiento loaf.

1 comment:

  1. A rollator sure beats a full sized wheelchair, especially in clothing departments. Its amazing how "handicapped access" only seams to cover the front doors, and maybe bathrooms as far as retail goes. Taking mom shopping is quite a workout in maze management.

    ReplyDelete