Friday, August 19, 2011

Wrath Wrath & More Wrath

I FINALLY got a hold of the Pain Doctor's wench.  I asked to make an appointment. She tells me, "Well, that's not the way things are done here."  Already I can feel my fingers wrap around the imaginary hammer handle in my hand as I reply sweetly, "Why, whatever do you mean, not the way things are done?"

She tells me a huge, 139 item list of things that have to be done BEFORE obtaining an appointment. I was numbering them as I was writing them down.  No shit - 139. Writing them down pfft - do you people realize I know shorthand, a dying art? learned back when it took entire buildings to house computers.  I digress...

"Let me make a phone call or two and someone will get back to you."

"But, Ma'ammmmmm, that's not the way we do thinnnngs." She was beginning to whine. I could feel my hand tightening on the imaginary hammer.

"I SAID someone would get back to you." ::click::  (There are very few things as satisfying to me as the click of hanging up on someone who has become a pain in my ass.)

I called my Cardiologist's Secretary.  She faxed my entire file over to this doctor - which apparently is step #138.  #139 is they decide if I fit the criteria.  AHA!  It just occurs to me they're doing a study.  WTF nobody mentioned that to me!   Fuck them.  I am partaking in no study.   I want a real doctor using real drugs I can buy at the real pharmacy, thank you very much. I'm rolling heads dammit.

1 comment:

  1. Feel free to inform the doctors some people really do care if you are around or not! You are not a random sample, you are a one of a kind person, with no replacement parts, so they need to fix whats there, not study.....(slips off soapbox and hears stange cracking noises ((oops)) ) I'm beginning to think your veteranarian could help you more, at least they'd have horse sense!

    ReplyDelete