Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Operating Room Humor

People often ask
Why I joke and laugh so much
It's so I won't scream

(bad Haiku #138)

At the ER on Tuesday I asked for, and got, a hard copy of my chest X-rays. I need to figure out a way to post them here, because they are truly amazing, if not bordering on hilarious.

I am unable to see any little veiny things or spare arteries sticking out of the heart - which would be the actual bypasses.  What I can see, though, is very surprising:  The wire sutures which are holding my sternum together. 

As a whole it looks exactly like the lacing on a roller skate, complete with a two-loop bow at the top.  I kid you not, some asshole tied a friggin BOW on my sternum.  WTH?

Who thought it would be a good idea to do that?  Do all women get bows on their sternums or do men get it too?  Maybe men get a manly square knot or something similar.  I want to laugh, cry, scream, and punch the responsible person in the face all at the same time.

Addendum:  I have to figure out how to backlight the X-Ray so it can be seen in order to take a photo to post.  It is the old fashioned black film kind of X-Ray - very dark looking until it is backlit....working on it!  lol

1 comment:

  1. Heads up, they can give you a CD with the JPEGs on it. Make sit easier for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete