Saturday, August 6, 2011

More Taste

I found a frozen bag of 8o'clock Hazelnut Coffee in the freezer.  Although it does not taste like regular coffee, I am happy to report it does not taste like a cup of wet ashes.

I thought I might start drinking hot tea, since I am having such trouble with coffee.  Tea is ok, but if I drink more than a couple cups, it gives me the shakes, not to mention it just doesn't satisfy me like a cup of coffee does.  Besides, in the past I have always reserved hot tea for those days when I was sick in bed with some form of *zorch*..the latest version of cold or flu. So the first thing hot tea reminds me of is sickness.  Ugh.

I WANT something.  I don't know what it is, but I WANT it.  I know it does not exist on that pitiful damned list I got from the doctor, which is mostly filled with oats and boiled chicken breasts, and various disgusting green things.

Nowhere on the list is butter, oil or salad dressing.  Not even the *diet* kind because it has too much sodium.  I actually enjoy eating green salad with fresh lemon juice as a dressing - but for that I require salt.  SHIT.  I can't stand it.  Who can eat like that?  Let me rephrase:  Who can eat like that and enjoy it?

I can have no more than 12 grams of fat per day.  I used to put that in my morning coffee alone.  The next time you sit down with your coffee creamer nearby, check out the fat content and serving size.  You'll be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment